This is an analysis of the poem Faintheart In A Railway Train that begins with:
At nine in the morning there passed a church,
At ten there passed me by the sea,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXab bXbbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1100101101 11111101 11010111 110100111 1110111 0100101111 11011001110 11111011101 1011111010 1111001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 185
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; at, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word at is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Faintheart In A Railway Train;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.