This is an analysis of the poem Leipzig that begins with:
"OLD Norbert with the flat blue cap--
A German said to be--... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
- Rhyme scheme:
- Stanza lengths (in strings):
- Closest metre:
- Сlosest rhyme:
- Сlosest stanza type:
- Guessed form:
- Amount of stanzas: 36
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 165
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 144
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your, and, of, against, from, her are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words my, and, the, against, when are repeated.
- summary of Leipzig;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!