This is an analysis of the poem Persuasions To Joy, A Song that begins with:
IF the quick spirits in your eye
Now languish and anon must die; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcc ddeeddXcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 00110011 11011011 0100111001 11010101 11011111 11110101 10110111 1101011 01111111 11110101 11110001 111010111 11010101 01110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 190
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Persuasions To Joy, A Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.