This is an analysis of the poem Song. Good Counsel To A Young Maid that begins with:
GAZE not on thy beauty's pride,
Tender maid, in the false tide ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaabbb ccc aaX ddX eee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,3,3,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111101 1010011 1010111 1110101 1110111 1010101 1101111 1010101 0110101 1010101 1010001 1011100 1011111 1010101 1010100 1010101 1011101 00100101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 119
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song. Good Counsel To A Young Maid;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.