This is an analysis of the poem Albertus, Cxii that begins with:
Squelettes conservés dans les amphithéâtres,
Animaux empaillés, monstres, foetus verdâtres, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXaXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001011100 10010101010 11001101110 10111111100 1010111101100 10010110111 1001111100 1110011110 10001010111 101010010 1101111110 11001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 554
- Average number of words per stanza: 92
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; s is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines tres, es are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Albertus, Cxii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.