This is an analysis of the poem Ballade Sur Les Hôtes Mystérieux De La Forêt that begins with:
Il chante encor, l'essaim railleur des fées,
Bien protégé par l'épine et le houx...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXXXXXXB XXXaXXXbXB XXXXXXXbXB XXbXB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111101011 1111101 10110110 01101011 1111011110 11111110 111011010 01111110 1010110 0111111 010101010 111110111 101100100 1101111011 1101101111 111011010 1110110110 1110110001 111111001 0111111 011110110 100110111 1111011010 1101010110 11100110 110011100 1111110 1111100001 11011010 0111111 1101110110 0100111001 101011110 1100111000 0111111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 334
- Average number of words per stanza: 66
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; la, les, ses are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word diane is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines re is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word t at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ballade Sur Les Hôtes Mystérieux De La Forêt;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.