This is an analysis of the poem Aux Enfants Perdus that begins with:
I know Cythera long is desolate;
I know the winds have stripped the garden green....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbccdcX ababbccdcX ababbccdcX X ccdcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,1,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1110010100 1101110101 0111010111 01011111010 1101011101 1001110101 01110100101 0101110001 1111111101 11011101010 011011001 0101111101 11010101101 0101111011 0101011101 1101011101 1101011101 1101001101 1111111101 11011101010 1101010001 1101010101 1100010011 1101110111 0111010101 1011010111 11001011111 1111110101 1101110101 11011101010 10 1101111101 1101110101 1101010101 1011011101 11011101010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 313
- Average number of words per stanza: 59
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, to, come, ah are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Aux Enfants Perdus;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.