This is an analysis of the poem Ballade Pour La Servante Du Cabaret that begins with:
Ami, partez sans émoi ; l'Amour vous suit
Pour faire fête à votre belle hôtesse....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXA XXXXXXXXXA XXXXXXXXXA XXXXA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010111011 111111 1101101011 10110111 11001110 111111010 1101101110 1101010010 1110011100 11010111 111011111 110111000 111011111 111110110010 1101100111 111101100 111001110 10110111011 1101111101 11010111 11001111 101101111 1011111111 1111111110 110111110 0110111110 1110111111 11110111 110101110 11010111 110110110 1011110110 01001111011 1100110100 11010111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 339
- Average number of words per stanza: 64
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; les, et are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word rouge at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ballade Pour La Servante Du Cabaret;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.