This is an analysis of the poem Money, Food, Love that begins with:
He keeps offering me money.
Three thousand, five thousand, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcad eXcfbgXfXgh fiecdiabXh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,11,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100110 110110 1101001 11010110 01010 11110010 1001110 100110 11111 10 1101011 101011 011011 1010101 11010001 010101001 1111101 101001010 01101111 10001011 110111100 10011011 111010100 1111101 01010101 1110111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 247
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Money, Food, Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.