This is an analysis of the poem Owl that begins with:
Clocks belled twelve. Main street showed otherwise
Than its suburb of woods : nimbus—-...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaa aabb cccc dXdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101111101 10100110 111001010 01010 101101011 10101100 001010100 01110 110111001 10101010 0101100101 10001 001001010 11010010 101111010 10111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 131
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Owl;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Sylvia Plath
- Analysis of Dark House
- Analysis of The Trial Of A Man
- Analysis of Words Heard, By Accident, Over The Phone