This is an analysis of the poem Dark House that begins with:
This is a dark house, very big.
I made it myself,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaabcb cXdeccb cXcedXe cXccdea
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00011101 11011 111001010 1010110 10011 1010011 100101 0111010 11010 111111 111111 101111010 110011101 11111 110010 10101111 1111010 10101 110111 0101101 1011 10110010 110110 10101 1010110 00111000 0010001 101010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 182
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dark House;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Sylvia Plath
- Analysis of The Trial Of A Man
- Analysis of Words Heard, By Accident, Over The Phone
- Analysis of The Goring