This is an analysis of the poem Memoirs Of A Spinach-Picker that begins with:
They called the place Lookout Farm.
Back then, the sun...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabcbadXeacbff eXXXcbfdXgXgf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101111 1101 10110101010 111100100 11 11001101101 01010011111 00101010101 00101 110101 11010110010 10110111010 1000110101 11001010111 11110010010 00111011010 11011101001 01011101101 1001010 1011 11100101101 10011010001 01101001010 11100001010 11001110100 01101011011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 316
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Memoirs Of A Spinach-Picker;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.