This is an analysis of the poem For A Fatherless Son that begins with:
You will be aware of an absence, presently,
Growing beside you, like a tree,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbccXacabddXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 100010110100 10011101 011101101011 10101101010 1011011111010010 111111 11110100 011000110 1111111111110 00011 0111110101 1111111 011011101001 11111110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 574
- Average number of words per stanza: 110
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; tree, you are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines tree is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of For A Fatherless Son;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.