This is an analysis of the poem Russia that begins with:
IMPLACABLE as are thy arctic floes;
Grim and gigantic as thy mountain height; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaabbaab cdeedc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0100111101 1101011101 1011110101 0110011101 1111111111 10111100101 0110000101 1111110111 1111111011 11110111110 1101010101 0101010111 11010101010 1111110001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 668
- Average number of words per stanza: 117
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thy is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Russia;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.