This is an analysis of the poem Mater Dolorosa that begins with:
JUST as of yore the friendly rain
Patters its old and frank refrain; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabba aabCXaabbaC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 11010101 10011101 11010111 01010111 10011111 110100101 01010111 11011101 1101 01111101 01010101 11010111 11010111 11011101 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 277
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mater Dolorosa;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.