This is an analysis of the poem Who Knows How Mother Plays that begins with:
Perchance a prophet thou-
Who knows? Who dares touch...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbccbdXXXaXXeffdegXXXgX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010101 11111 011101 010101 010111 010101 010111 100110 010110 011001 111101 111111 010101 111111 111111 010101 111101 110100 1101010 101001 011101 110101 1100010 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 671
- Average number of words per stanza: 113
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words what, whose are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Who Knows How Mother Plays;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.