This is an analysis of the poem To An Early Violet that begins with:
What though thy bed be frozen earth,
Thy cloak the chilling blast;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXbcbcdede
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 110101 11110111 1101100 11010111 1101001 110110001 1110101 11110101 1100111 11011101 1001001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 396
- Average number of words per stanza: 69
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thy is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To An Early Violet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.