This is an analysis of the poem To The Fourth Of July that begins with:
Behold, the dark clouds melt away,
That gathered thick at night, and hung...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abc dbeX Xec faXfX efgc fgfddXcdfddd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,3,5,4,12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011101 11011111 1101010101 01110101 100010101 01011111 11111101 011100101 11010101 01010111 11011101 01010101 1101110100 10110101 11111111 11111101 110101110 11010101010 1101011111 11011111 11011101 01010101 11010101 01010111 1111111001 111110001 110010111 1111001001 01110101 101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 163
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thee, to, and, thy, till are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word till is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To The Fourth Of July;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.