This is an analysis of the poem Fancy And The Poet that begins with:
Enchanting spirit! -- at thy votive shrine... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bbccdd e fafaXX fgfgaa bbbbhh a bbiiaX e jfefje kjkjbbXfifibb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,6,1,6,6,6,1,6,1,6,13,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10 0101011101 1101010101 110001111 11010101101 1011011101 01011111001 10 10010111 11101001 100100101 10101101 0010100101 11010111100 110100101 0110101 1101100101 1110111 1110111101 1110100101 100101110 1100101 11011011010 110101 11100101 111110101 10 11001011011 11111011001 11111101001 1001011011 101111101111 111010111110 10 010011111 01110101 010011100 0100111 11110101 01010100 1100101 1110101 1100111 00100111 110010101 111101101 1110101 1100101 1100101 00100101 0010100101 1100111111
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 157
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 55
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, thy, of, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words my, the, i are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fancy And The Poet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.