This is an analysis of the poem Snedkersang that begins with:
Af sorg der ej findes i Verden saa lidt,
Vi fødes til Uro og Smerte;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXX XXXXaa XXbXXX XXXXXX bXXXXX XXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111011011 1111011 111110001 11011001 11001011110 110111010 110111101 0111010 110101111 11010110 1100111011 1101001111 1101111011 0111001 110011111 110101011 11001001010 111111010 011111010 111101 1101001101 11111001 1100111011 11111101 0110001011 01010110 110101110 110011100 1100111010 11010011010 1101011001 10001110 11001010011 010110 1101111001 100010100110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 219
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; af, og, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words af, her are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Snedkersang;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.