This is an analysis of the poem Sneppen that begins with:
Tys tys tys! hvad hører jeg?
Hvad er det, som rører sig...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXaaBXXcXXXXbcbbXXccbbXXXXB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 31,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111 101111 10110 110 11010 110 11110011111 1101101101 101101 10110 101 1101 011111001 1100110101 11101 1100 1111 111111 101101 1111011111 111111010 1100101100 111111111 111111101 11110111 111110101 111101010 110110 1101111 1101111010 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 890
- Average number of words per stanza: 182
- Amount of lines: 31
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; tys, sin are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word med is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sneppen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.