This is an analysis of the poem Angelica Catalani that begins with:
Est Du et Menneske, hvor fik Du da
Paa Jorden alt din Englestemme fra?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0101101101 110111001 0101101010 1111001 111110001 11100011 111011100 1101100100 01001011111 11111100 1100011111 1111110111 1111111101 110110110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 527
- Average number of words per stanza: 93
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; du, hold are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word til is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Angelica Catalani;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Steen Steensen Blicher
- Analysis of Adskillige Evigheder
- Analysis of Aristarchos Autodidactos Eller En Kort Og Grundig Anviisning Til At Lære Sig Selv Det Æsthetiske Recensenterie
- Analysis of De Refsnæsdrenge, De Samsøpiger