This is an analysis of the poem De Refsnæsdrenge, De Samsøpiger that begins with:
De Refsnæsdrenge, de Samsøpiger,
de fører tit op en forunderlig Dans,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaaX XXXXX XXXaX XXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0100100 0111110001 110110 110110 110111011 1111011111 11011101 01011 11011 111000111 1011101110 1101111010 110010 11110 1111011010 11110111 11110111 11011 11011 111111011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 158
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de, en, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words de, og, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of De Refsnæsdrenge, De Samsøpiger;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.