This is an analysis of the poem The Red Bridge that begins with:
THE ARCHES of the red bridge
Are stronger than ever: ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abac cX dXceccXe eadee caXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,2,8,5,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0100011 110110 01000101 10111 1111010001 0101001 111110001 01011 10110010 11111 01001 110011001 1110111 011010 11110 01011 1110100101 01000110 1011 10101001 1010101 10101 101010010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The author used the same word let at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Red Bridge;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.