This is an analysis of the poem The King that begins with:
SEVEN full-paunched eunuchs came to me,
Bearing before them upon a silver shield ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abc bdabedfXg dg hhf ci ahgbid Xc XhXia aXeXdXiedccfieag
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,9,2,3,2,6,2,5,16,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011010101 10010010101 01001100 11111101 01011010010 001011 110 0110010010 100110 1001010 101000 01010 111111111110 110100101 111010 011101100 0110110 11111100 100111101 1111 1000 111101 1101011 100 01010 1011010011 10 11 1101110 0010111111 1 0101 1011101 011010010 11100101 0110101 00100110 11 10111 1110 100 100 111111 0001 1011011010 0110101 00111010
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines them, sea are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The King;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.