This is an analysis of the poem Orpheus that begins with:
WHEN Orpheus with his wind-swift fingers
Ripples the strings that gleam like rain, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccadaaaXdXbbefaababaebbafXagfcf afdccXdd aXgfX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 33,8,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100001110 10011111 01011111 1010100 10010011 010010101 1010111 1101001 11010111 110 101011011 0111 110100101 11110111 1101100010 111100101 011100 1001011011 0101 10100101 01110111 0010100101 01010011 111100001 110011001010 001010111 10101011001 10111001 10110111 10011101 01010 1100 1010001010001 1101101 100010 101101 11010 110 10101 101001 011 10101 01001010 1011110 0010 110110010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 307
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, she are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words their, she are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines nothing is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Orpheus;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.