This is an analysis of the poem On The Coast Of Coromandel that begins with:
On the coast of Coromandel,
Dance they to the tune of Handel;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabbcc aXddcceeffccXceeXXeeXXXbggaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,28,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101000 11001010 1001101 1000101 11111111 1010101 11111010 10101000 1010111 10101001 0011101 1110101 1010101 0011101 1001101 10000101 1011101 0110101 1001100 1110101 1010101 1010101 1011101 0011100 11000101 1011101 110111010 10101011 1011110 1110101 01110101 1110101 10101110 10101000
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 523
- Average number of words per stanza: 93
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Coast Of Coromandel;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.