This is an analysis of the poem Morning Express that begins with:
Along the wind-swept platform, pinched and white,
The travellers stand in pools of wintry light, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbbababbcbcbccddeebbfbbf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 26,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101111111 01001010101 100010111010 01110101010 01101000101 0111010101 11010100101 00101010001 01011101001 11010010101 11001010101 10110100101 1001010111 1011110001 11010101001 0101110101 1011010101 10001010111 1001110011 10010010111 1101011111 0101111001 01001010101 1110010001 0100110011 1101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1243
- Average number of words per stanza: 209
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Morning Express;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.