This is an analysis of the poem The Investiture that begins with:
GOD with a Roll of Honour in His hand
Sits welcoming the heroes who have died, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabaab XaaXaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1001010001 1100010111 11001011101 1100100111 1111010101 1001110111 1111010111 1111010011 0101111101 1101010101 0101011101 1101110110 1101110110 1101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 307
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Investiture;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.