This is an analysis of the poem Joy-Bells that begins with:
Ring your sweet bells; but let them be farewells
To the green-vista’d gladness of the past ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab caca dede
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111110011 0011010001 1110010111 00101110001 11010010101 1111110111 1111110101 1011110101 1111110101 1011011111 1111110101 1001000101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 188
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Joy-Bells;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.