This is an analysis of the poem To A Very Wise Man that begins with:
Fires in the dark you build; tall quivering flames ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bcbcbdbd X XeXeaeae X fcfcbaba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,8,1,8,1,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1 100011111001 00111100001 1101010011 1111110111 1111110101 10010011001 110101001001 110001 1 0011111101 10010110101 01111101000 1001010001 0111011101 11111000111 01001011101 1001001 1 1101111111 11010100011 1101111111 0101110001 1101010111 0101110101 1101010100 1101111111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 183
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, that are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To A Very Wise Man;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.