This is an analysis of the poem Dreamers that begins with:
Soldiers are citizens of death's gray land,
Drawing no dividend from time's to-morrows....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXabcbcb dcdcdc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1011000111 10110101010 00110010011 10011100110 1011010111 1101011011 1011010101 11010011111 1100111111 1001010101 1001100111 1111010001 1101110111 1100010001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 313
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dreamers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.