This is an analysis of the poem Devotion To Duty that begins with:
I was near the King that day. I saw him snatch
And briskly scan the G.H.Q. dispatch. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb cddc ccee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11101111111 11010101 1111010111 0100010011 1111010101 1101010101 0100011101 0101010001 1101110111 0101011101 1101000101 0110010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 180
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Devotion To Duty;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.