This is an analysis of the poem The Knowing that begins with:
Afterwards, when we have slept, paradise-
comaed and woken, we lie a long time...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abc daeXfgdXfcghgi jkelfedhcdXiXk bbbXdcjecliilf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,14,14,14,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001111101 1011011011 101110 1111111111 10010100 110110100 0101101010 111001011 01000101 110101111 0111111 0111110101 110101010 1111111 01001101 1101111 11110010010 11011101 010000100 1111011010 1011011101110 00101111 010101110110 11011010001 1111111 011011001110 1110101101 1011000110111 1101011 1111101011 1001001010100101010 1111011111 000101011 110101111 111011011011 10100101110 111111011 11111011110 1000010010 1011001011100 10110111 010101010 01010011110 1
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 357
- Average number of words per stanza: 66
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, curve, no, we are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines him is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Knowing;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.