This is an analysis of the poem The Eyes Are Black And Beautiful Complexion Fair And Sweet. that begins with:
The eyes are black and beautiful complexion fair and sweet.
Long and loose hang the locks the face innocence breathes....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a Xb bb cc Xa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01111100010111 111101011001 010111011111 011100101101 1000101111101 100010101010101 01100101110101 110110111111 1010101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 107
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 59 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Eyes Are Black And Beautiful Complexion Fair And Sweet.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.