This is an analysis of the poem Timid Love that begins with:
Oft of thy love, my friend, I fondly dreamed;
Such musings made my glad heart throb like flame....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba cdXd bede XcXc Xfcf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011111101 1101111111 11100111101 1001110101 1100111101 1101010001 1111010111 0101010101 1011010101 11100100101 0111011111 1101110101 1011011111 11110101001 10110011101 1001000111 1111010100 1101011101 0011010111 0101011001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 170
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, as are repeated.
The author used the same word as at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Timid Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.