This is an analysis of the poem Reconciliation that begins with:
Long lasted our dispute, intense to tears.
We were all gathered, and we were alone....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb deXe fgcg hiji akXk blll jiei Xfjf jaia mmlm hcXc ddaiXjbbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101010101 1011011001 0101110111 1111111101 01110111110 01111011011 0111010101 1101110101 1011010001 11010010111 1101011100 1111011101 0111111101 0101011101 11110100101 1101110111 1100110101 1111111101 0101110111 1101110101 01110101001 0101110111 01110011101 0001010101 0001010011 11011101001 1101010111 0111110101 1100111001 11010101101 1101010111 1100111101 1111100101 1011110111 1101000101 1111010011 1011010101 1101110101 1110011101 0111011111 10011100101 11000010001 10001110101 11111000101 11111101010 10101110010 0101010111 01000101010 1111010111 1111010111 1111110111 1011010101
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 178
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, you, to, all are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Reconciliation;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.