This is an analysis of the poem Hymn that begins with:
He sendeth sun, he sendeth shower,
Alike they're needful for the flower: ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbCCXXddCCXceecC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111010 011101010 11110111 01011100 11011111 10101101 110101010 01011111 01011100 01010101 11011111 10101101 11011110 01111101 11011101 11010101 11011111 10101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 638
- Average number of words per stanza: 121
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hymn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Sarah Flower Adams
- Analysis of Part In Peace: Is Day Before Us?
- Analysis of Love
- Analysis of O Love! Thou Makest All Things Even