This is an analysis of the poem Part In Peace: Is Day Before Us? that begins with:
Part in peace: is day before us?
Praise His Name for life and light; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd XbXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101011 1011111 101110011 1011101 10101110 10011101 10100010 10100001 10111010 1110101 10101100 10101001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 136
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Part In Peace: Is Day Before Us?;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Sarah Flower Adams
- Analysis of Love
- Analysis of O Love! Thou Makest All Things Even
- Analysis of He Sendeth Sun, He Sendeth Shower