This is an analysis of the poem The Months that begins with:
January brings the snow,
makes our feet and fingers glow.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa bb cc dd ee eX eX bb dd XX ddXdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 1111101 1010101 1010101 1110111 1010101 1010111 1010111 1110101 1011101 11101010 10101010 10111010 10111000 1010101 1010101 1010101 1010101 10101010 10101010 1010101 1011101 1010101 10101101
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 64
- Average number of words per stanza: 10
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Months;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Sara Coleridge
- Analysis of The Nightingale
- Analysis of From “phantasmion” - He Came Unlook'D For
- Analysis of O Sleep, My Babe