This is an analysis of the poem The Ideal Husband To His Wife that begins with:
We've lived for forty years, dear wife,
And walked together side by side, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdefXXgfg becedhXhegfg aijijjdhefff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110011 11010111 11011111 111011 11011111 11110101 01010010 010111 11110011 11011101 111100001 11111101 11010001 110100101 11011101 011101001 11001111 11100001 11011111 11111101 11111111 11011101 11110001 11111111 111101001 110101001 11110001 11100101 11111101 11110101 11111111 010011111 11110101 11110101 11110001 11111111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 412
- Average number of words per stanza: 78
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word wrong at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Ideal Husband To His Wife;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Sam Walter Foss
- Analysis of An Informal Prayer -- The Prayer Of Cyrus Brown
- Analysis of The House By The Side Of The Road
- Analysis of The Calf-Path