This is an analysis of the poem An Informal Prayer -- The Prayer Of Cyrus Brown that begins with:
“The proper way for a man to pray”
said Deacon Lemuel Keyes,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb abbb Xccc adcd XeXeeccc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 010110101 110101 101010101 010101 11110101 1100101 010101001 1111001 11111101 110011 01110111 1110001 01010110 010101 0110100101 11001 1111110101 111101 01110101 110101 111011111 111101 010011101 010111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 151
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; no, i, prayer are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of An Informal Prayer -- The Prayer Of Cyrus Brown;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.