This is an analysis of the poem Ch 08 On Rules For Conduct In Life - Maxim 30 that begins with:
Whoever does not listen to advice will have occasion to hear reproof.
If admonition enters not thy ear ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101110001010100110 0101010111 0101111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 72
- Average number of words per stanza: 12
- Amount of lines: 3
- Average number of symbols per line: 52 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ch 08 On Rules For Conduct In Life - Maxim 30;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Saadi Shirazi
- Analysis of Ch 08 On Rules For Conduct In Life - Maxim 48
- Analysis of Ch 02 The Morals Of Dervishes Story 40
- Analysis of Introductory 01