This is an analysis of the poem Ch 07 On The Effects Of Education Story 05 that begins with:
The son of a pious man inherited great wealth left him by some uncles, whereon he plunged into dissipation and profligacy, became a spendthrift and,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bcaX d XeXf g bXbh h feXbed XXgecd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,1,4,1,4,1,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 010010101001111111010110010101101001011101111001010000111000100101111111100101010101011001101110110100100010010010 01111111100 01010101 010110010 010010001011 101010100010111011100010101110010100101101010010011010010110101111001010010000010001001001001100011010010 11100001011 11011001 1010110101 0100111101001 111101111110100101010100110101010010101010010101001001010 110111010100110100 1110101010 1010001011000100 0110010010 110111010110111111111001010110111010011101110001011001000100100110100111101010100111 11110111011 1101100010101 011101110101010 010110000100 100101011001 1111000010010 10111101010001001001110101011110110101111001101111101010101010011010100010100101010010101010010011011 01010001001010 1110101001 0111010001 0100111010010
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 286
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 107 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 18
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, no, in, of, not, it, my, his, thou, i, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ch 07 On The Effects Of Education Story 05;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Saadi Shirazi
- Analysis of Ch 01 Manner Of Kings Story 41
- Analysis of Ch 05 On Love And Youth Story 21
- Analysis of Ch 07 On The Effects Of Education Story 12