This is an analysis of the poem The Song Of The Little Hunter that begins with:
Ere Mor the Peacock flutters, ere the Monkey People cry,
Ere Chil the Kite swoops down a furlong sheer,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaBcbdB eXebdbXB fbfBXbcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11011101010101 1101110111 101010101011101 10111010101 10101011010101 10101110111 10101111110101 10111010101 101110101011101 10101011111 1010101111101 00111010001 11111011010101 00101010101 11111111011111 00111010001 1011101010100111 10101011111 101100101011111 00111010001 10111111010101 101011100111 11101111110111 10111010001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 466
- Average number of words per stanza: 84
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 57 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ere, and, he, thy, when, now are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words ere, and, when, now are repeated.
The author used the same word ere at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word fear at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Song Of The Little Hunter;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.