This is an analysis of the poem The Ten Lepers that begins with:
’Neath the olives of Samaria, in far-famed Galilee,
Where dark green vines are mirrored in a placid silver sea,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabb aacc ddee bbff aaee ccgg eehh bbiiXeegg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 101001010011101 11111100010101 11010101011101 01010100010101 11110101010101 01010101010111 10101010010111 11101010110111 10101010011111 101011101110101 1100110010101 10101110110111 1101110110101 11111010010101 101001101111011 111010101101001 11000101110001 101010101011101 101001110110001 1111110110011 11111100110101 1010110101111 11110101010101 11100101011101 11000100010011 10101010010111 101011100011101 01010100110111 10101010010001 10101100110101 01110110100011 01110100110111 010100101011111 0101011111101 1101010010101 1111110111111
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 240
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 59 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, he, their, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Ten Lepers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.