This is an analysis of the poem On The Death Of The Same Revered Nun... that begins with:
Grief reigns now within the convent walls,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaabbcccc ddbbeeff ggggddgg hhbbbbff ccaaaaff iijjddff kkggccff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0100 111010101 110110101 0100100101 1011111001 101011101 01111111 0010110101 0100101101 10010101 111100101 110101111 010101001 11010101 011011101 0100101101 110110101 111101111 111111001 010010101 0101100111 0110100101 101011101 1010111001 010101101 101010101 010110101 10100101 010100101 010101101 110101001 011000101 0100110101 101011001 111100101 1011111001 0100100101 10010101 010100101 01110111 010110101 1111101001 001010101 011101001 010100111 111010111 1010110101 1111101101 100100101 100111101 1011110111 110101101 100100111 101110111 100100101 011111101 011101101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 327
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 57
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, her, of, from, s are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words to, of, from are repeated.
The author used the same word sixty at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word alone at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Death Of The Same Revered Nun...;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Rosanna Eleanor Leprohon
- Analysis of Husband And Wife
- Analysis of Mystical Rose, Pray For Us!
- Analysis of On Some Rose Leaves Brought From The Vale Of Cashmere