This is an analysis of the poem The Bushman’s Lullaby that begins with:
Lift me down to the creek bank, Jack,
It must be fresher outside;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcccb Xdbbbd cbeeeb fefffe bcgggceXaaah bhiiih aeeeee XbeeXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,12,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100111 0101011 01110111 0010110101 1110110101 1010111 11101010 11111010 11100011 110011101 111110111 0011010 111010101 1011101 010011111 011100101 1110100101 1011101 1111101101 100111 1011101001 101001101 010010111 1011101 1111110101 1011101 011111011 111001111 110111111 1101101 110100101 10100101 1010110111 111101101 010110011 1101111 111111111 1101111 110001111 1111110111 10101101111 11100111 101100111 1111011 1110011101 010111101 1110111101 1110101 1010101111 1010111 11010111 11010111 11010101 0010111
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 225
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 55
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, where, or, i, her, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, where, and, they are repeated.
The author used the same word we at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Bushman’s Lullaby;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.