This is an analysis of the poem Perdita that begins with:
She is beautiful yet, with her wondrous hair
And eyes that are stormy with fitful light, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbcc Xadaee bdfdgg Xhfhii bcXcff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10100100101 1111100101 010010111 110011111 11011111 010100101 101100111 111111 10111101 0010101 11110101 0110101101 11111111 110011 00110001011 00111001 10100100111 1011101011 11001001010 111101 010101101 0101011 10101011011 1110111001 1100100011 1110101 1010100101 11111011 101100101 101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 237
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, no are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Perdita;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.