This is an analysis of the poem The Burning Babe that begins with:
AS I in hoary winter's night
Stood shivering in the snow, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdadaefegcXcffXfgfafXeXXacec
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 32,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 1100001 01110101 111101 11010101 1111011 01011101 100101 1100101 110101 11011101 100101 10111101 1100111 11010111 1111011 11010100 110101 100101101 110111 01010101 110101 01000101 111001 111111011 110010 10110001 110011 00110101 110101 1111101 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1294
- Average number of words per stanza: 189
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Burning Babe;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.